25 August 2016
Join the GEMIA Team as Our New Project Officer
We are looking for an enthusiastic project officer to join our dynamic team!
GEMIA is a volunteer not-for-profit organisation, working to increase community education and interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) in the Goldfields of Western Australia.
The project officer is responsible for driving science engagement in the community and working with the Committee to achieve GEMIA’s vision of Inspiring Success Through Science.
Community stakeholders include volunteers and members, primary and secondary school students, teachers, community members and partners and sponsors.
Key duties include:
- Planning and coordinating events, forums and meetings;
- Performing routine administrative tasks including marketing and correspondence;
- Maintaining partnerships and collaborating with members, volunteers, sponsors, and internal and external stakeholders;
- Creating and updating records, and collating and analysing feedback data from events; and
- Preparing, submitting and managing grant and sponsorship applications.
The role is a part time position of approximately 15 hours per week, working from home, with flexible working arrangements.
The role would suit someone with previous experience in events, education or a community orientated role and ideally, an interest in STEM engagement.
A copy of the position description can be downloaded HERE.
Interested applicants should provide a resume, and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 September 2016.